At the Glapton Academy we believe in the concept of lifelong learning and regard the teaching, learning and assessment which takes place in our school to be part of a learning continuum which begins before the child comes to school and continues into adulthood. Both adults and children learn new things every day. Learning should be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for everyone; in short, it should be fun. Through our teaching, we equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be able to make informed choices about the important things in their lives. We believe that appropriate teaching and learning experiences help children to lead happy and rewarding lives.
We believe that people differ in the ways in which they learn most effectively, and the conditions for optimum learning also differ in relation to the context in which the learning takes place. In some situations, we may prefer to learn by listening, in others we can only learn effectively by actively doing, and these preferences may differ for each individual. At our school, we aim to provide a rich and varied learning environment that allows all children to develop their skills and abilities to their full potential. We aim for our children to become lifelong happy and confident achievers and know that within these walls we hold their futures.
Through our teaching and our learning environment, we aim to:
- Ensure that children develop a self-image of themselves as capable learners;
- Enable children to become confident, resourceful, enquiring and independent learners;
- Nurture children's self-esteem, and help them to build positive relationships with other people;
- Equip children with the key knowledge, skills and understanding which they need for the next phase of their education, and in order to maximise their life chances and economic well-being in adulthood;
- Develop children's self-respect, encourage them to understand the ideas, attitudes and values of others, and teach them to respect other people's feelings;
- Show respect for a diverse range of cultures and, in so doing, to promote positive attitudes towards other people; enable children to understand their community, and help them feel valued as part of it;
- Help children grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens;
- Provide equality of opportunity for all.
We operate on a two year rolling program to ensure the children get a broad and balanced curriculum:
If you would like any more information about our Curriculum please do not hesitate to contact the school office.