Vision and Values
Within these walls our vision is to encourage our children to thrive within an equal and fair environment that promotes self belief, sensitivity and the stamina to perservere with pride and passion for a better future.
British Values Statement
At The Glapton Academy we take very seriously our responsibility to prepare children for life in modern Britain. We value the ethnic backgrounds of all pupils and families and undertake a variety of events and lessons to celebrate and explore these alongside other cultures in our country.
We ensure that the fundamental British Values are introduced, discussed and lived out through the ethos and work of the school. All curriculum areas provide a vehicle for furthering understanding of these concepts. Our cross curricular approach provides excellent opportunities to deepen and develop understanding developing the spiritual, moral, social and cultural education of our children.
The school makes considerable efforts to ensure children have exposure to a wide experience beyond their local community during which these concepts are shown, through for example, sporting events, a range of visits and use of outdoor education centres. Their strong rooted values-based understanding gives them an excellent platform for embracing difference.
Our vision is:
- To create an open, happy school with strong family and community partnerships
- To create a school where children and staff respect and value themselves and other, creating a calm and caring ethos
- To involve children in their local and global community encouraging them to play a positive role as citizens of the future
- To instil a sense of responsibility, pride and independence
- To develop a sense of self belief and confidence, building on self esteem and achievements
- To have honest and helpful children who are trusting and respectful
- To promote cooperation and team spirit, recognising fairness and equality
- To create a school where children feel safe, where individuality and talents are celebrated, and where children have the freedom to express themselves
- To provide a creative curriculum that inspires children and develops life long learners
- To promote healthy living and well being within every aspect of life
- To encourage sensitivity, empathy and understanding of other s from different walks of life
- To ensure that each child reaches for and fulfils their potential
- To ensure each child learns to care for the environment and the world they live in
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust
Through outstanding leadership we, at the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, will provide the highest quality education to enable every pupil to realise their full potential.
To achieve our vision we prioritise the four core principles for which our name stands:
Lead ~ to show the way; to be first or foremost
In every aspect of life the ability to lead is essential. Strong leadership is the key to the success of our schools. We will develop leadership skills in everyone who attends one of them, ensuring the development of pupils as leaders of their own learning.
Empower ~ to give power to; to enable
At L.E.A.D. Academy schools pupils are empowered to have high aspirations for their futures. We nurture and challenge pupils to take responsibility, make decisions and work together so they grow into confident and resilient young people.
Achieve ~ to accomplish; to get or attain by effort
We believe in achievement in its broadest sense and that enjoyment of learning is crucial to success. We continually look for and reward achievement in every individual in our schools. We also know that a strong command of English and maths is vital as a foundation for the whole curriculum and prioritise learning in these core subjects.
Drive ~ to cause and guide progress; to impel forward
We will provide the very best education and training for every individual in our schools and will ensure that this is delivered. We value excellent teaching, underpinned by high quality professional development and will constantly move forwards, using and instigating the best ideas and practice.
We also understand that children need to be motivated if they are to succeed in life and we will provide a stimulating curriculum and environment which will prepare them for their futures with confidence and determination.
Please see the below links for further information